The Lazy River
The lazy river is a big draw at the Kingsport Aquatic Center.
Water slides are popular at the Kingsport Aquatic Center.
The lazy river, slides and Mountain setting combine to form a popular getaway in Kingsport near the base of Bays Mountain, just off I-26.
Chris McCartt helps oversee the Kingsport Aquatic Center as the assistant to the city manager of Kingsport.
The Lily Pad Crossing
The Lily Pad Crossing challenges swimmers to test their strength.
Angela Yingling, public relations specialist for the Kingsport Aquatic Center, takes a moment to test the water.
- Swimming Safety Tips
>> Swimming safety tips
1. Don’t rely on flotation devices as a substitute for adult supervision or swim lessons.
2. Don’t dive into water without checking the depth of the pool or lake. Go “feet first, first time” to help prevent spinal cord and brain injuries.
3. Never swim when tired or immediately after eating.
4. Always actively supervise children and have a phone nearby to help in case of emergency.
5. Teach children to never swim alone.
6. Always swim with a buddy in a designated swimming area, preferably monitored by a lifeguard.
7. Wear U.S. Coast Guard-approved life jackets when boating or on a dock.
8. Avoid or drastically limit alcohol consumption when boating or swimming.
9. Check weather and water conditions before entering the water and throughout the day, and immediately exit the water if you hear thunder or see lightning.
10. Be aware of your limitations.
-- SOURCE: Kingsport Aquatic Center
- If You Go
What & Where: Kingsport Aquatic Center, 1820 Meadowview Parkway, Kingsport, Tennessee
When: The outdoor water park is open 10-8 p.m. (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday) and 10 a.m.-6 p.m. (Thursday, Saturday, Sunday).
How much: Regular admission is $6 for youth and seniors; $8 adults. Seasonal, annual and daily rates are available. Family rate is capped at $30 (for two adults in same household and their dependents).
>> Coming up
The Kingsport Aquatic Center's Outdoor Water Park is open late on Saturday, June 21, until 8 p.m., and features live music.
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 11:00 pm
Updated: 6:08 pm, Fri Jul 25, 2014.
Things to do,
Wednesday, June 18, 2014 11:00 pm.
Updated: 6:08 pm.